Skip to main content

LeAnne

 


Get ready to learn all you ever wanted to know about me and more!! 
     Starting with the obvious, my name is LeAnne, I am 33 years old and work as the clinic manager for a family practice office. I grew up in a large family with six siblings, three older bothers an older sister and then a younger sister and brother. I was born in Southeast Missouri and lived there until my family moved to Northeast Arkansas when I was seven. We then moved to Central Arkansas, where I currently live, when I was 11 years old. My dad is a Baptist minister so faith and family where large parts of my upbringing. Growing up in a large family, we had fun organizing our own softball or kickball games and getting to take family vacations. I always enjoyed traveling back to Missouri; spending time on my Grandpa's farm, playing with cousins and even catching a Cardinals game here and there. One of our most adventurous vacations was the Summer before I went into the fourth grade. My parents loaded us all up in our big, blue, 12 passenger van and we headed out West for two weeks. We visited family in Arizona, getting to see the Grand Canyon; made stops at Bryce and Zion Canyons in Utah; stopped over in Las Vegas (that was interesting), and then went to California. While in California visiting family, we were able to enjoy the Pacific Ocean and even watched a Dodgers game in LA. After that year, we would take regular trips to Pensacola Beach. Beach vacations where always my favorite and still are. 
    Once I entered Jr. High, I began taking mission trips each Summer with my youth group. We where able to travel to cities in Iowa, Northeast Arkansas and Nebraska organizing vacation bible schools during the day and church services at night. Our youth mission trips are some of my fondest memories growing up. Marching band and Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) were also big parts of my life during this time. I may not have been the best clarinet player, but I enjoyed getting to spend Friday nights watching football games and hanging out with friends. I would say FBLA cultivated my love for business, leading to my career in healthcare administration. I always knew I wanted to have a family, and so my senior year of High School I elected to take a semester of Parenting and Child Development along with Child Care. These courses taught me the fundamentals and really solidified my desire to have my own child(ren) one day.
    After High School I went to college in one of my favorite cities Pensacola, Florida. While in Florida I immersed myself in collegiate life, going on outings and watching all the sporting events. I may have even made time for some beach trips here and there! Of course all while keeping up with my studies. I graduated with my associates in medical office after the Fall semester 2009 and moved back home full time. 
    After college graduation I took a job at a local daycare as a floater. While working at the daycare, I was able to spend time with each age group. I might be in with the infants one day and then teaching preschool the next. Although working with the children in the daycare had its challenges it was rewarding getting to see them learn and grow. Not long after starting at the daycare I was introduced to Matthew and we started dating. I stayed on at the daycare until shortly after we married and then I decided to focus on making our house a home. I would also nanny and did some substitute teaching on the side until I accepted a job at the clinic I currently work as receptionist. I have been with my practice for just over 10 years now and absolutely love it. Both providers I work with are amazing and we see all ages, so I still get to be around children and use my child development knowledge from time to time. Moving from receptionist to clinic manager, it was apparent I needed to further my education. I started taking online classes to earn my Bachelors in Healthcare Administration, which has helped me as I continue to grow in my career. 
    Although my work keeps me busy, I try to find things away from the office to help me relax and de-stress. I am a huge country music fan and enjoy going to as many concerts as I can. Some of my favorite artist are Thomas Rhett, Carrie Underwood, Morgan Wallen and George Strait just to name a few. I love animals and am obsessed with our three dogs! When I just want to escape and watch TV its a mix between Hallmark movies at Christmas and true crime. I don't think I will ever get tired of watching Friends or even the office when I want a good laugh. Currently trying to find my next Netflix binge, so recommendations welcome in the comment section :). Reading really helps me relax. Although I'm in a slump right now, I have bookshelves full of books ready to be taken down and read. Matthew and I love to travel and explore new places. We are always planning our next dream vacation. That pretty much sums me up. If you've read this far you're the real MVP! Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Until next time,

LeAnne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puppy Love

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love animals and that I am just slightly obsessed with our dogs! Here is just a little about each of our fur babies. Lady is our oldest at almost 13 and is a Pekingese/Pomeranian mix. Lady will always have a special place in my heart, not only because of her gentle manner and fun spirit, but because of the way she came into our family. I had just graduated with my associates degree and moved back home when we had to travel to Missouri for our extended family Christmas. Once we reached our destination we had to make a Walmart run in order to purchase the supplies needed for the party. As we entered the Walmart parking lot, I was immediately drawn to a small litter of puppies for sale. I somehow convinced my dad to pull over so I could "just play with them." When I entered the pin that the puppies were secured in, Lady left her litter mates and ran straight to me!! She stole my heart right then and there. After some begging and pleading, my

Date Night

It's often difficult to make one-on-one time special, when you always have one-on-one time. Recently, Matthew and I decided to be intentional with date night, wanting to make them more than just a regular night eating out. Last night we were able to do something we haven't done in awhile, play mini golf! We started the night with a nice dinner down town and then went to our local mini golf for some good laughs. I am by no means good at golf or mini golf for that matter, but getting to be silly and change up our normal routine made the night extra special. We won't discuss how badly Matt beat me. During the ups and downs of our adoption journey it has been important that we lean on each other for support. Allowing the challenges to bring us closer and not further apart. We look forward to many more date nights and maybe another round or two of mini golf. Who knows, maybe next time I'll win! Love, LeAnne  

Our Journey

 Last Fall Matthew and I embarked on a journey through part of the Appalachian Trail. To say I had no idea what we were in for would be a gross understatement. We definitely had some funny stores to tell when we returned from our eight mile hike. Let's just say my new motto is "There is no such thing as too much water.". I know there are avid hikers out there where this would be absolutely nothing, and we met some of them! For these novices, this hike was a test of our physical abilities, mental strength, and at times our marriage, LOL! This hike was, for me, an adventure of a life time.  Thinking back on this hike is a great metaphor for our adoption journey. As mentioned previously, I was diagnosed with Turner's Syndrome which is a chromosomal disorder in which a female is born with only one X chromosome leading to infertility, among other symptoms. Due to my diagnosis of infertility, Matthew and I knew as soon as we were married we wanted to work toward adoption on