Skip to main content

Arkansas Is Beautiful


 Arkansas is known as the Natural State and for a good reason. There is so much natural beauty all around. Today Matthew and I were able to get away and explore Falling Water Creek located in the Ozark Mountains. We even brought our goldendoodle Dolly along for some fun in the water. It is about a two hour drive, so we enjoyed getting to spend some quality time together after a very busy week and enjoy the scenic views. Dolly did get sick a few times so we had to make a few pit stops. Any advice on how to help with car sickness for puppies would be greatly appreciated! Once we reach the creek we had a quick picnic lunch and started playing in the water and exploring the area. The weather was rainy when we arrived, but the sun soon came out and it was perfect for exploring. I was so excited to find a little hidden away creek bed we hiked around. That was until we found a baby snake. The fun was over for me at that point! Matthew and I always enjoy vising this area in Arkansas and can't wait to return.




Matthew and LeAnne!




If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Welcome to our blog, we are Matthew and LeAnne Erickson. We have been married 11 years and live in Central Arkansas with our three dogs. We have Lady, our 12 year old Pekingese/Pomeranian mix; Maisie, our 7 year old Scottish Terrier; and Dolly, our 3 month old Goldendoodle. Keep following our blog for more on each of them! Our desire through this blog is that our heart for adoption will shine as you read and follow our journey. Our adoption journey could not be described any better than an expedition, navigating many ups and downs, twist and turns over the past three plus years. We invite you to join us for the ride! Please leave comments, questions, anything you would like— just be nice :) 

Puppy Love

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love animals and that I am just slightly obsessed with our dogs! Here is just a little about each of our fur babies. Lady is our oldest at almost 13 and is a Pekingese/Pomeranian mix. Lady will always have a special place in my heart, not only because of her gentle manner and fun spirit, but because of the way she came into our family. I had just graduated with my associates degree and moved back home when we had to travel to Missouri for our extended family Christmas. Once we reached our destination we had to make a Walmart run in order to purchase the supplies needed for the party. As we entered the Walmart parking lot, I was immediately drawn to a small litter of puppies for sale. I somehow convinced my dad to pull over so I could "just play with them." When I entered the pin that the puppies were secured in, Lady left her litter mates and ran straight to me!! She stole my heart right then and there. After some begging and pleading, my...

Date Night

It's often difficult to make one-on-one time special, when you always have one-on-one time. Recently, Matthew and I decided to be intentional with date night, wanting to make them more than just a regular night eating out. Last night we were able to do something we haven't done in awhile, play mini golf! We started the night with a nice dinner down town and then went to our local mini golf for some good laughs. I am by no means good at golf or mini golf for that matter, but getting to be silly and change up our normal routine made the night extra special. We won't discuss how badly Matt beat me. During the ups and downs of our adoption journey it has been important that we lean on each other for support. Allowing the challenges to bring us closer and not further apart. We look forward to many more date nights and maybe another round or two of mini golf. Who knows, maybe next time I'll win! Love, LeAnne